This recipe was made by accident. So here is the story… My ma and I needed to make cookies for some work event she had so we landed on peanut butter drop cookies with the kiss on top. We started by following the directions on the back of the Hershey’s Kiss bag… but didn’t actually follow it. Instead of using a 1/2 cup of peanut butter we used a full cup of peanut butter and it is the best mistake to have graced our days. We just rolled with the mistake and they ended up turning out so much richer and peanut-buttery. Since then I have made a few more tweaks and let me tell you these are the easiest cookies and a crowd pleaser for sure!
Also… I won 1st place at the fair for these bad boys back in 2014. Here is a picture of them on display! The look a little rough… but they tasted delicious and that is all that matters!
Ingredients: 1cup granulated sugar, 1 egg, 1 cup peanut butter, 1/4 cup flour and Hershey Kisses (1 batch makes 2 dozen so you will need 24 Kisses)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In one bowl add 1 cup peanut butter, 3/4 cup sugar and 1 egg. Mix.
- Add the 1/4 cup flour. Mix.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls.
- Put the remaining 1/4 cup sugar into a small bowl or cup and roll each ball around, completely covering in sugar.
- Place on baking sheet. They do not spread so I fit all 24 on one sheet!
- Bake for 10-13 minutes. While they are baking unwrap your Kisses or chocolates.
- Take them out of the oven and immediately add the kiss to the top of each cookie. Lightly press down to smush the ball down, they will crack but that is part of what makes these cookies look great!
- Usually once I put 5 Kisses on I will go back and just squish each Kiss I already put down a bit more to create a little lip of Kiss… if that makes sense.
Eat them while the chocolate is still melty or you can wait about 6 hours until they are firm.
You can switch up the toppers if you want… Dark chocolate would make these less sweet and give more balance. Mini Reeces would take these to the NEXT level. Or any chocolate you have on hand would work, just break into small bits and follow to step 8!