I still had some rice krispies left over from the Fruity Pebble recipe so I decided to give some peanut butter ones a try! These guys are rich, crispy and perfectly covered with chocolate. They come to gather in about 10 minutes and require no baking!
- 5 cups Rice Krispie Cereal
- 1 bag marshmallows
- 3 tbsps butter
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 to 2 cups chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet to balance the sweetness)
- Prepare your dish with either wax/parchment paper or REALLY butter the dish. I used an 8×8 glass dish because I wanted them thick but you can also use a 9×13 if that is what you have.
- Melt 3 tbsp of butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add a whole bag of marshmallows to the melted butter. I used minis, not sure the weight difference between the bags. But if all you have is regular, a full bag should be perfectly fine.
- Stir constantly until the marshmallows are completely melted through.
- Add in 3/4 cup of creamy peanut butter and stir.
- Add in 5 cups of rice krispies and stir until incorporated.
- Dump the rice krispie mixture into the prepared dish and mash them down until you form a flat top. I have found that the only that that doesn’t stick is using a
- Melt 1-2 cups of chocolate chips in the microwave. I used about 1 1/2 cups and could have done a little bit less. This is based on your own preference, if you like a tick layer of chocolate go for 2 cups!
- Spread the melted chocolate over the top of the rice krispies until you form an even layer.
- Pop them in the fridge or freezer for 10-20 minutes, cut and serve!
Hope you enjoy these delectable squares of peanut buttery goodness!